You think your child has a behavior problem and you don't know exactly what to do. Then please read this article! In this article you will find some strategies for solving your child's behavioral problems and learn how to apply them. What are these strategies?
If your child has behavior that you want to change, first of all what you need to do is change. So what you want to achieve at the end of the behavior change is “what”. This point is very important. So the most important thing you need to do is to put forward your goal of behavioral change in a precise language. When determining the purpose, make sure that it has two properties:
1. Identify a positive objective: identify a specific objective that will be an alternative to your child's behavior and will help you learn something new.
2. Set a realistic goal: set a goal that meets your child's and family's characteristics and that can be achieved under your circumstances.
To teach how to achieve the objectives:
- set your purpose
- ensure that everyone around you is aware of this goal and participates in achieving this goal
- determine how your child reacts when he or she does problematic behavior
- ensure that the reaction is deterrent
- show dissuasive response immediately after unwanted behavior
- be consistent
- expect problematic behavior to worsen first and then improve, because the child will test your new attitude and then see that you are consistent and improve.
- reward your child's positive behavior
- teach your child alternative behaviors instead of problematic behavior
- involve everyone in your child's environment.
- keep track of your progress
The method of ignoring is not dealing with the child and behavior when problem behavior occurs. There is a risk factor in doing so. Ignoring is a method of extinguishing behavior, but if not fully implemented, it can lead to further stereotyping and increased severity of behavior. Imagine if you can really ignore this method. Once you start using the ignore method, you must patiently apply it until the behavior goes out. I say patiently because the frequency and severity of behavior will increase temporarily while ignoring. Especially if the child does the behavior problem to attract attention, the frequency and severity of the whole behavior increases. The boy said, um I've done it before and I've been focusing attention, but what happened - why aren't they interested? Then I have to do more and more often. Mez Therefore, ignoring behavior is a method that must be continued until the behavior is extinguished. Otherwise, you put the behavior downright. Therefore, we recommend that you seek help from your child's school guidance service or any specialist in this area without applying this method.
If your child is attempting inappropriate behavior, if you come across with an appropriate behavior proposal, he or she may give up the other. For example, a child trying to wash a cloth doll may be advised to wash a plastic doll.
A definite “no”:
If you say harshly and decisively to charity, and your child pauses in his behavior, have him take care of something else. Avoid repeating the word Hayır no çünkü because this may cause insensitivity after a while.
Avoid discussing, giving up, changing your mind about the rules. Because they will play a role in increasing the problem.
Contact Idil directly