We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The development of children's vision begins immediately after birth and continues until the age of 6-7.
Learns to see during child development. As a result of this learning process that continues until the age of 6 -7 wins the ability to see. If there are any reasons preventing the child from seeing during this period, such as congenital developmental disorders, high grade myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism, congenital cataract, retinal growth retardation, corneal spots; in this case, the eye can not gain and the eye remains weak. We often see why they are high. If the cause can be treated and started at an early age, the weakness of the eye called amblyopia is prevented.
Ophthalmological examination of children should be carried out periodically starting from birth.
- When a 2 to 3 month old baby comes to the light eye, he closes his eye, turns his face, this is a very natural reflex.
- Starting from 3 months, it follows the fingertip or an object for a short time.
- At the age of 4 months, it stretches to hold the object it sees, that is, it uses the sense of sight and motor function together.
- When he is 6 months old, he now follows the objects he looks at.
- Visual acuity at the age of 2 is 50%.
Age 2 is very important, because in this period the child starts to adapt to close distance. This adaptive ability is sometimes very strong and the inward strabismus first appears around these ages.
The vision examination in children is made considering all these developments.
In children under 5 years of age, eye examination is performed by enlarging the pupil. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, the child cannot answer the questions correctly at this age and cannot express himself. The pupil is enlarged to determine the actual eye degree.
Children over 5 years of age can be examined by showing the figures.
In children, treatment with glasses is performed when necessary. If the cause of strabismus is high degree, treatment with glasses is necessary.
Strabismus in children:
- The most important cause is high-grade hyperopia, myopia and astigmatism.
- In addition, paralysis and movement defects in congenital eye muscles, congenital cataracts, spots in the transparent anterior layer of the eye, disorders of the visual point at the base of the eye, congenital development disorders are among these reasons.
The main treatment of strabismus is to apply early diagnosis treatment method. Breaking defects must be corrected with glasses. Methods such as intact eye closure treatment should be applied to prevent weakness of the eye.
If the glitch continues despite treatment, strabismus surgery is performed to prevent permanent weakness in the eye.
The main factors that cause the eye to remain weak are high-grade refractive errors and failure to treat eye movement disorders.
Pupil white is seen in cataract, tumor (retinal blastoma) or retinal developmental disorders. Early diagnosis and treatment are important.
Kiss. Dr. View Nezih's Full Profile
International Hospital İstanbul